Monday, December 21, 2009

Terrible Day in Sports

Seriously the NFL has got to be rigged some how, some way. I mean how could every scenario that helps Pittsburgh take place:

Jaguars lose to Colts
Falcons beat the Jets
Titans beat the Dolphins
Raiders beat the Broncos
Steelers beat the Packers

Pretty much the only two games that had to do with the Steelers not making the playoffs that didn't help them were: Baltimore beating Chicago and Houston beating St. Louis.

Pittsburgh is having a terrible terrible year, 5-straight losses including to the Raiders, Chiefs, and Browns, yet they are still very much alive. Steelers win out they will be 9-7, if this happens the final standings will look something like this:

Baltimore 9-7 (@PIT L, @OAK W)
Steelers 9-7 (BAL W, @MIA W)
Denver 9-7 (@PHL L, KC W)
Titans 9-7 (SD W, @SEA W)
Jaguars 8-8 (@NE L, @CLE W)
Dolphins 8-8 (HOU W, PIT L)
Jets 8-8 (@IND L, CIN W)
Texans 7-9 (@MIA L, NE L)

Baltimore would get the 5th seed because they have a better division record than the Steelers and the Steelers would get the 6th seed because they beat both the Broncos and Titans. I don't think you people realize how important it is that Baltimore wins next week. Just because an idiot couldn't make a sack, and a defender couldn't stop a sick catch, the Steelers might make the playoffs.

Here's a dark horse though. If the Texans beat the Dolphins next week, then they will play New England the final week, who could be resting their starters or tanking like they did in 2005. YES YOU TANKED AGAINST THE DOLPHINS SO YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO PLAY THE STEELERS FIRST ROUND YOU HAVE BEEN CALLED OUT. Anyways Texans could win out and have a 6-6 AFC Record which may propel them into the spot.

Either way Steelers need to lose one more game or they will be in, you heard it here first. They got Baltimore at home, who is rolling, and then at Miami. So we'll see.

My Bengals disappointed me today. I expected to lose, but I got my hopes up at the end just to have them crushed. That fluke fumble deep in Chargers terroritory that netted negative 26 yards absolutely killed a drive that I KNOW was headed for the endzone. What a play by Palmer on that play though, he sacrificed his entire body and leaped like I've never seen him to fall on that fumble. Bengals had a 2nd and 36 then made it 4th and 8 and kicked a field goal. So basically if they had a 2nd and 8 like it should of been they would have easily gotten another first down. More time would have gone off the clock and either they get a field goal and go to overtime or score a game winning touchdown. Chargers really wouldn't have had a chance. It really sucks they couldn't win the game after Chris Henry's death. However, I hope this team can regroup and defeat the Chiefs. If they don't then you can forget about the Division. Baltimore is on a roll and if they beat the Steelers they will be Oakland for the division and the Bengals will lose to the Jets. Magic Number has been stuck on 1 for awhile. I think they will beat the Chiefs, but who knows in this league.

The Chiefs may be a little pissed off though because the Browns ran all over them. Cribbs 8 Kickoff Returns for Touchdowns in his career now, first all-time. He had 2 vs. the Chiefs and Jerome Harrison had 286 yards rushing and 3 touchdowns. Yes, 286, wow! That's not only a Browns record, thats 3rd most all-time, ironically he eclipsed Corey Dillon's 4th most mark of 278 yards, and I was wearing his jersey Sunday! 41-34, this only a week after they won 13-6. Browns are bi-polar. And a win @Arrowhead in December. I hope the Chiefs aren't too pissed when they face the Bengals Sunday, or we are screwed. However, Larry Johnson will be going against his old team, and we know what happened when Benson went against the Bears.

The most shocking game of the day to me was how the Panthers just dominated the Vikings. I was thinking Vikings Super Bowl Champions and the Panthers just manhandled them 26-7. Maybe it was a fluke, maybe not, but Saints fans can breathe easier now for home field advantage. Eagles and Cowboys are both dark horses in the NFC though.

In other news the Cavs lost to the Mavericks 102-95. Terry put in a layup with 0.6 seconds. I don't think he meant anything intentional, but that was kind of rubbing it in. The Mavs let the Cavs throw a fullcourt pass for a chance to score in the final 0.6, uncontested apparently the shot didn't get off in time or something cause the final score didn't count it. No Nowitzki and the Cavs still lose.

The Zips dominated St. Francis today 80-51. Zeke was pretty dominate, had some sick dunks. Got to see Steve Sweich which was great cause you know your winning by a lot when he comes in! No offense Sweich you are a beast! Not many Rowdies there, probably less than 20. I was not at full strength as I had a severe cold, but still managed to support my Zips. I can't wait for MAC play to start, these games are rather dull. Tuesday we have UIC.

That's all I got!

No comments:

Post a Comment