Was impressed today by the Louisville Leopards basketball team. Went to see there game at my Alma Mater, saw most of the JV and all of the varsity. My friend Michael Ludwig showed up in about the 4th quarter of the JV game.
The JV led 18-10 when I got there, before taking a 24-12 lead. Of course Northwest then decided to go on a 12-0 run and it was 24-24. Leopards slugged it out with a 49-40 victory though.
In the Varsity game Leopards started off slow, but eventually showed their superiority to the Northwest boys. Leopards height seemed to be too much for Northwaste, however Northpest seemed to get more rebounds than they should have. The Leopards hit a 3 at the buzzer to end the first half leading 27-21. They duplicated that feat at the end of the third quarter on an inbounds pass with 3 seconds left. The first Leopard miss then on the put back another Leopard put it up and in to make it 48-31 Leps after 3. I got nervous in the 4th as the Leopards tried to run a 4-corner stall, but kept turning the ball over. Northwest actually cut the lead to 53-46 at one point before the Leopards sealed the deal.
Its always something that seems to haunt the Leopards...stalling. It killed them last year in the tournament, they had a lead on Minerva late but couldn't keep it because they couldn't stall. Hopefully they will fix that this season.
Student section was okay, they really need to see the AK-Rowdies one game to show them how to do it. Of course, part of the problem is the restrictions put on students by the administration on "good sportsmanship." Apparently we are supposed to be nice to the enemy these days. I think its crap, I think that takes the fun away. I'm not saying profanity is correct, but you should be able to heckle the other players by name and call them names, its sports COME ON!
Another thing that bugs me at Louisville and Akron is that we are no longer allowed to storm the field or storm the court. There are two times that I remember vividly doing this and its some of the greatest moments of my life. The Leopards beat Carrollton I believe to win the NBC and the entire student section stormed the court and cheered it was great. The other time was when the Leopards came back from 21-0 with 6:47 left against Canton South to win 27-21 OT. We stormed the field to the team and it was an unbelievable feeling. I see students storm the field all the time at big-time schools on TV and it looks awesome...pry helps recruiting and helps fan participation and helps getting people to apply for that college, but yah just keep sucking at life Akron and Louisville and don't let us storm the court/field!
Anyways that's my rant. Zips won 83-59 over UNC Greensboro...guess that means free wings at Scorchers and Tap House...I will pry take advantage of the Tap House offer...wish it were still scorchers though. The Cavs also beat the Bucks. The Bucks have lost so many close games this year, they are ready to breakout soon I think, just got to finish games. Apparently the Zips soccer team was honored at halftime of the Cavs game, I don't know if this was on TV (FSN Ohio) or if it was just live at the Q that they did this.
Friday, December 18, 2009
Leopards Dominate, Zips and Cavs Win!
Labels:
Akron,
Canton South,
Cavaliers,
Cavs,
Cleveland,
Leopards,
Louisville,
Northwest,
Scorchers,
Tap House,
UNC Greensboro,
Zips
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment