Today I watched the Sherlock Holmes movie, which was longer than expected and thus delayed us from going to the Ohio Vortex Indoor Soccer team in downtown Canton. Turns out is was a good thing, cause the LEOPARDS game was UHH-MAY-ZING!
I got to see top MAC recruits the entire game. That is the refs! They were terrible the entire game. First call, was against us. Michael Brown ran out of bounds along the baseline, didn't touch the ball and the ref called the other way because he was intentionally out of bounds. Never heard of that rule in my life. One time they gave a timeout to Minerva when they didn't have possession at all. We ran into a Minerva player as well, a hard foul should of been us, wasn't called. All night the huge calls were missed and the tick-tack calls were called immediately... I'd say most of the calls went against Louisville in the first 3 quarters. The 4th quarter the calls went a little more Louisville's way...still a lot of garbage calls against Louisville, but still I'll be honest we did get some bad calls to go our way at the end.
Anyways Leopards couldn't stop Minerva for their life the first 3 quarters and we couldn't make anything either. With 3.2 seconds left in the fourth the Leopards were down 54-36, and 18-point deficit. We hit two free throws and the quarter ended 54-38. The Leopards came out on fire in the fourth, I think starting off with 6 unanswered points to make it 56-44 about a minute in. Leopards wasted no time, as they took the lead with a three-pointer to make it 60-58 with like 3 minutes left to play in the game. Minerva's 18 point lead was gone in 5 minutes. Simply amazing! 24-4 run made it 62-58 Leopards. Minerva then got back into it a little bit. Leopards missed some big free throws keeping the score 65-63 Leopards late. Minerva then stole the in bounds pass, but was leaning out of bounds when they tried to call timeout. A timeout they didn't have! TECHNICAL FOUL! Brown made both free throws. 67-63. Foul Chad Gimmi...two more free throws. 69-63. With Gimmi's two free throws he had 10 points, becoming the 5th Leopard on the night in double figures. This is truely a great TEAM!
I've seen a lot of Leopards teams and this one is up there. Maybe not quite as good as the 1999 and 2000 seasons, but I think this team can win district. There is no quit in them whatsoever. I don't know how good Triway is this year, but I think we can take the NBC and anyone in our district. This team is on fire, 9-1 and 7-0 in the conference, only lost to Poland!
Student Section was rocking somewhat tonight. Minerva really didn't have a student section to counter so it wasn't as fun. Didn't have time for "Just Like Football" though haha.
NOTE: Coach Siegfried said after the Lake game “We feel very comfortable in the fourth quarter, which is a good thing.” He wasn't kidding. Leopards outscored Minerva 31-9 in the final period! 38 points in the first three periods and 31 in in the 4th. WOW! I'm glad we didn't go to the Vortex!
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment