Wednesday, January 6, 2010

NFL Playoff Predictions

Okay here's my predictions for this weekend to start off.

In Saturday's opening playoff game. I think the Jets will beat my Bengals. It won't be 37-0 as I will explain to you in a later post, but I can't see the injury plagued Bengals rebounding from 37-0 a week before. Although it is at Cincinnati unlike Philly-Dallas. Bengals historically just aren't very good against the Jets, including 1982 playoff loss to them 44-17. Unfortunately my team is gonna have to wait another year or longer for a playoff win.

Tony Romo and Dallas avoid another epic collapse at the end of a game like this one:



And they beat the Eagles. I'm sorry 24-0 for the division, I don't think the Eagles are going to rebound from that at Dallas again.

Ravens did beat the Raiders to get into the playoffs and the Patriots did choke against the Texans, but I still think the Patriots with or without Wes Welker are going to beat the Ravens. Ravens played them tough earlier in the year, but these are the Patriots, they are a new team win it comes to the playoffs. Ravens seem to be on the down lately too with injuries and such. Pats will win.

Cardinals-Packers, this is the one game that I think is gonna surprise people. Everyone and their mother is picking the Packers to beat the Cardinals because of last week's 33-7 win by the Packers over the Zona. I'm here to tell you that the Cardinals are going to win Sunday. That stadium is gonna get really realy loud, and the Cardinals are gonna turn it on like they did a year ago. Cardinals will win.

Here's my entire playoffs prediction:

Wildcard Round:
(5) Jets over (4) Bengals
(3) Patriots over (6) Ravens

(3) Cowboys over (6) Eagles
(4) Cardinals over (5) Packers

Divisional Round:
(2) Chargers over (3) Patriots
(1) Colts over (5) Jets

(2) Vikings over (3) Cowboys
(1) Saints over (4) Cardinals

Conference Championships:
(2) Chargers over (1) Colts
(2) Vikings over (1) Saints

Super Bowl:
Vikings over Chargers

Yep, Brett Farve retires after this year going out with a championship. Ironically this is what I predicted for the 2008 season in the pre-season. I said that Super Bowl 43 would be Chargers over Vikings. At the beginning of this season I said Steelers over Vikings, either being right or happy. Turns out I'm happy. Vikings got what it takes and their is no cold weather for old man Farve. All domed playoffs for the Vikings until the Super Bowl in warm Miami!

John Madden might even come out of retirement just to announce Brett's Super Bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment