Went to the Louisville-Marlington basketball game tonight. Leopards prevailed 50-42.
Everything started off weird, Star Spangled Banner had the words messed up in Macy Gray style, then the announcer announced the wrong guy in the Leopards starting lineup, he went through the tunnel jokingly, it was great. Leps started off throwing up bricks too. Took a lot of threes with the tough Marlington defense. After going down 17-6 in the second the Leopards went on an 8-0 run to make it 17-14 Dukes at the half. The Leopards then proceeded to dominate the third quarter with a 31-25 lead and cruise to a 50-42 victory.
The Duke's fans blamed the refs, and I will give them that the refs were terrible, but both ways.
Leopards student section finally came alive tonight. Maybe its because I only saw games over break where kids were away. But the Leopards student section was led (as I found out later) by AJ Metzger. Leading the student section in a wave type cheer at the beginning of the game with the crazy Cat in the Hat style Hat. Dude, needs to come to Akron straight up and join the Rowdies, he'd fit right in.
Anyways student sections cheers at the end were at the Marlington fans were "Just like Football" which is an annual occurrence. Always beat them in football, series is like 38-3 or something. But beating them in basketball allows us to cheer that. Marlington fans were yelling at the refs and complaining and Leps student section proceeded to yell "You have no class" I then of course went for the double meaning and commented jokingly: its true they did have a snow day "no class." Marlington fans were enraged, which is what you want, your not a good student section unless your in their head. They continued with something about Trackers, but then said "N-B-C! N-B-C!" which is a great cheer for the appropriate time, but its way way to early. We still need to beat Minerva to avoid the 3-way tie and we have to win against all these teams again.
Keep it up Leopards, Lady Leps, Student Section, etc. I will be going back to college so I don't think I can come to many more games...but LETS GO LEOPARDS!
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Leopards Domination! Student Section Awakens!
Labels:
AK-Rowdies,
Akron Zips,
Dukes,
High School Basketball,
Leopards,
Louisville,
Marlington,
NBC,
Student Sections
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment