Well as it turns out, I should have stuck with my post-week 17 playoff predictions. I would have gotten all these games right, save the Chargers game. Instead my previous post makes me sound like a buffoon picking the Cardinals and Vikings. I was still correct about the Colts though.
Vikings and Saints showed the world that they are the two best teams in the NFC. Cowboys quit complaining about the Vikings "running up the score" and start playing some defense for once. Actually, play some offense as well. That's great you beat a reeling Philadelphia Eagles team for your first playoff win in over a decade and you got an extension Wade Philips, but you and the Cowboys are gonna have to put forth a better effort than what they showed against Minnesota in order to keep there jobs. 34-3, hottest NFC team...right.
Speaking of hottest teams, how bout those San Diego Chargers. At least the Bengals just suck most of the time, how would you like the be a San Diego fan. The biggest choke artists ever. In 2006, they were 14-2 and lost to the Patriots, 1 and done. 2007, they could have beat the Pats but several injuries knocked them out. Last year, they had the ball for 0:17 in the third quarter against the Steelers. Then this year...wow lose to the Jets?! I know I shouldn't talk, my Bengals did. But hey Bengals lost 3 out of 4 going into playing the Jets, the Chargers won 11 straight. They didn't even start playing till the fourth quarter either. EPIC JOKE. Nate Kaeding and Shayne Graham should not have jobs next season. 0 for 5, opponents field goals against the Jets in the post season. Hopefully Stover changes that for the Colts. What a heartbreak. Have a great season, poised to win the Super Bowl and your out cause your kicker caves into pressure.
WHO DAT? WHO DAT? WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS? NOOOOOBODY I HOPE! Saints offense didn't surprise me, but wow what a defense. Only 14 points given up to a team that scored 51 points last week. I rest my case, Packers defense sucks. Everyone always says how great the Packers defense is, its crap. Impressive win for hte Saints. Knocked my boi Kurt Warner out though, not cool. I hope that wasn't Kurt's last game, but I won't blame him if he retires. I really hoped he'd win a Super Bowl this year and have more than Farve, but oh well always next year if he comes back. Stay Safe Kurt!
Colts were impressive in their victory. They need to establish a running game though. Peyton Manning owns. Ravens great season, just two many mistakes, blown opportunities to score. Todd Heap and Derrick Mason, retire I don't care. Ed Reed, you are the best player to watch in the game, don't leave please. This is coming from a die-hard Bengals fan, PLEASE STAY YOU DESERVE A RING!
My Predictions:
NFC Championship: I'll go with my original predication again: Vikings over Saints. Its not cause of the old guy either. Until someone has an answer for that Vikings defensive line, they are unstoppable. I'll be cheering for the Saints to prove me wrong and either way I'm an NFC fan in the Super Bowl.
AFC Championship: I don't care how many people are picking the Jets, I don't care how confident they are, I don't care what anyone says the simple fact is the Colts have Peyton Manning and the Jets don't...and don't have an answer for him. Revis Island is going to be invaded this Sunday. Colts will beat the Jets @Indy. Anyone else think its a little rigged though? New York = Higher ratings. The Jets and Colts in a rematch of Super Bowl III, in fact if the Ravens would have won it still would have been Baltimore vs. New York.
Scenarios:
Vikings vs. Colts: You'd have Farve vs. Manning, that would be Epic.
Vikings vs. Jets: Farve against his old team from a year ago.
Saints vs. Colts: Manning vs. his father's team and Brees vs. Manning.
Saints vs. Jets: Perhaps battle of tragedies? Katrina vs. 9/11 cities.
Friday, January 22, 2010
RECAP, CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICATIONS, AND SUPER BOWL SCENARIOS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment